Log in



Log in


Importing a bike from Europe

  • 04 Aug 2022 12:33 PM
    Message # 12873250

    Hi all,

    Anyone have experience importing a bike from Europe? I plan to buy one in France, load it up on an Air Transat flight, and pick it up from the airport on the other side. It will be greater than 15 years, so, according to the government websites, all that will be needed from CBSA to give me my proof of importation is a form 1.  But, i cannot find much on this form 1 specifically. 

  • 05 Aug 2022 11:28 AM
    Reply # 12874536 on 12873250

    As an update to my own post:

    From talking with CBSA and Transport Canada...

    Paperwork required for (most) vehicles older than 15 years is limited to original title/registration and bill of sale from originating country. 

    Once in Canada, you bring to a CBSA office (at airport, usually in the cargo section) and they physically inspect the bike to match the VIN to the paperwork, and then you fill in a "Form 1" with the CBSA official. Then... You're done!

    It is actually easier, paperwork wise, to import an older vehicle from Europe than it is the States. 

    Last modified: 05 Aug 2022 11:28 AM | Charlie

The Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Group (CVMG) is a not-for-profit organization aimed at promoting the use, restoration and interest in older motorcycles and those of historic interest.

Copyright © 2020 Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Group

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software